4 Common Weight Loss Mistakes

Share Button

Common Weight Loss MistakesIn this article, I want to share some great information with you that can help you boost your weight loss results. Have you ever felt like you were doing everything right, and wondered why the weight wasn’t just falling off? There is tons of information on TV, the internet, in magazines, in the newspaper, and lots of other places that may be leading you in the wrong direction.

Below I will share 4 common weight loss mistakes that could be impairing the results you’re working hard to achieve. Some of these mistakes sound like they could get you results, but in reality once you analyze the success of these strategies, you’ll notice that they don’t work.

Through working with hundreds of clients, I’ve been able to analyze these 4 common mistakes at a high level. You’ll be surprised to know that these common mistakes do not work.

Eating Too Many Meals

Many of us have been led to believe that we need to eat 5, 6, or in some cases 7 meals per day to lose weight. If you want to lose weight then eating too frequently is the last thing you want to do. To lose weight you need to eat 4 meals per day, which will keep you full and balance your blood sugar levels.

All you need to incorporate in your routine is breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a delicious snack. Cooking anymore than 4 meals each day can be a lot of unnecessary work. If you believe you’re still hungry after eating 4 meals, then you can simply increase your portion sizes, given that you’re eating healthy whole foods.

Exercising Too Often

The next common mistake to avoid is exercising too often or rigorously. Don’t get me wrong, exercise is fantastic to keep your body in shape and energized. However, you shouldn’t kill yourself with hours of exercise each and everyday to lose weight. All you need is a 20 minute routine to perform 3 times a week.

If you’re ambitious and want to do more exercise then you can incorporate more 20 minute exercise routines. Don’t exercise because you want to lose weight, exercise because you want to feel energized and better about yourself. It’s also great to build muscle through various types of exercise routines to help you burn more fat in the long run.

Exercise will account for 15% of your weight loss efforts. The other 85% comes from the quality of foods you’re eating on a daily basis.

Eating Too Many “Health” Foods

When I talk about whole foods, I’m talking about vegetables such as peppers, onions, spinach, and tomatoes. Fruits including blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and any type of fruit that is a berry. Proteins including turkey, organic cheese, whey protein, chicken, ground beef, and steak.

The mistake in “health” foods is when consumers buy foods with labels that claim “gluten free”, “low in sugar”, “reduced fat”, and so on. Avoid processed foods and choose 1-2 ingredient foods that can really offer massive weight loss results. These whole foods will provide your body with essential vitamins and nutrients too.

Doing Too Much At Once

The fourth common mistake when trying to lose weight is trying to do too much. Many people think they can completely turn 100% healthy in a few days. This is a problem because this approach will shock your body. You’ll confuse your body, which will make weight loss difficult.

It’s also very hard to stick to something long term, especially if you don’t enjoy the change you’ve made. When trying to lose weight, please try to implement cleaner foods for breakfast. Once a week goes by you can asses the results and see if your results have improved.

After you’ve incorporated breakfast properly into your lifestyle, then move to your daily snacks. Work on proving yourself with a daily snack that you enjoy. A healthy variety of snacks that will satisfy your late night cravings will tremendously boost your results. When you gradually make changes you’ll start to see big results.

Have you ever tried one of these common mistakes? How have you fixed it and improved your results? Let me know in the comments section below.

avatar
Matt Green is a health and fitness expert who trains clients and helps anyone achieve the health and fitness goals they are reaching for. Matt has been into health and wellness for over 13 years. For more information please check out his short bio
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Please Rate this article. Was it good?
Rating: 4.8/5 (8 votes cast)
4 Common Weight Loss Mistakes, 4.8 out of 5 based on 8 ratings
Share Button

Comments

Comments

MOST POPULAR