- 2 tsp butter, divided
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 14½ oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans of pinto beans
- 2 tsp butter
- Heat 1 tsp butter in a pan over medium heat. Cook the pepper, onion, and garlic for 3–5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the turkey, chili powder, and cumin, stirring until turkey turns brown.
- Add the tomato sauce and pinto beans. Bring to a boil over high heat. Let simmer for 15 minutes.