- 4 lb fresh organic tomatoes (red or yellow)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh thyme branches
- 2 bay leaves
- 12-16 small chunks of mozzarella
- 6 fresh organic basil leaves
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Bake the tomatoes for 30 minutes. Take off the skin and mix the tomatoes in a food processor.
- Add oil in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic, thyme and bay leaves. After a few minutes pour the tomato puree and season with pepper and salt. Allow to boil fro 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile minced the basil leaves.
- Remove bay leaves and thyme from the pot.
- Serve the soup hot with mozzarella chunks and sprinkle with basil.