Obesity is a massive problem all over the world. Everywhere you go there are obese people. They’re at the grocery store, mall, gas station, and even at the residence next door.
More and more people are becoming obese and it has been said that children growing up today will likely live shorter lives than their parents due to obesity.
There is a set of origins that I wanted to share with you that lead up to obesity.
1. Large consumption of simple carbohydrates that spike blood sugar levels. This includes pizza, pasta, processed snack foods, etc.
2. Readily available fast food. Burger Kind, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Subway, Dunkin Donuts, and many other fast food chains provide very little food quality.
3. Low activity levels. We’re not hunting our food, it is on demand for us 24/7 at the grocery store. This fact combined with a large consumption of television is bad news.
4. Lack of sleep. It is well known that poor sleep can cause weight gain and prevent you from making smart eating choices the next day. You should sleep 7-8 hrs nightly.
5. High levels of stress. Stress from work, money, relationships, and frustration can heavily impact your waistline. Stress promotes unhealthy comfort foods.
6. Hormonal imbalances. Eating excessive amounts of sugar can spike your insulin hormone and high levels of stress can throw your cortisol hormone out of whack!
7. Medications that cause weight gain. If you’re taking any medications weight gain can be a common side effect. You must reduce medications and improve your health.
8. Your community. If you’re around co-workers and family members who eat a lot of junk food, then you will be eating junk food too. Junk foods out of sight are out of mind.
You must keep these 8 origins of obesity in mind when working on improving your health. None of these origins should be in your routine. If they are, weight gain will occur. ')}