pay for homeworkhelppay for homeworkhelpSkipping breakfast is fairly common with 23% of adults and 10% of children reporting that they do not eat breakfast regularly. One of the reasons behind this could be a lack of information on healthy breakfast recipes. There’s a reason why bodybuilders and exercisers emphasize breakfast as the first and most important meal of the day; it’s because the body is in need of nourishment for when you were asleep.
Previous studies have also shown that eating breakfast helps with weight management. People who skip breakfast will not be able to recover the vitamins and minerals that they would have gotten in that missed meal. A scarcity in nutrients could lead to decreased concentration and energy. Mid-morning slump anyone?
When people skip breakfast, they often get hungry before lunchtime, but because it’s not time to eat yet, many people resort to snacking on foods that are high in fat, sodium or sugar. The key to a successful diet is in avoiding the unhealthy foods like chips and dip, soda, bacon, and other non healthy snacks. Healthy breakfast recipes should be delicious and appetizing, so get creative!
Some excellent food options to include in your healthy breakfast recipes include:
– Wheat bread
– Non-fat Greek yogurt
The possibilities are endless when it comes to whipping up a quick and easy meal. Healthy breakfast recipes are fairly common as a result. You may not even realize it, but you could already be eating a well-balanced meal everyday. Choose foods that are filling and nutritious. Avoid empty calories that are only going to stimulate your appetite every hour or so. Instead of having three large meals, opt for six smaller meals instead.
As much as possible, do not skip meals to avoid starving your body. This slows down your metabolism and deprives the body of nutrients.
We understand that you don’t always have time to cook yourself an elaborate meal in the morning. This is no reason to forego a healthy diet, Instead of settling for junk food, invest in 10-minute meals that will go a long way.
3 Quick and Easy Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
Summer Vegetable Omelet
1 1/3 cup – frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
1 cup – chopped zucchini
6 tablespoons – chopped green onions
1/8 teaspoon – sea salt
4 tablespoons – water
1/2 teaspoon – crushed black pepper
6 large – egg whites
2 large – egg yolks
4 tablespoons – grated Gouda/cheddar cheese
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Spray some cooking oil to lightly coat the pan. Add the onions, zucchini, corn and the 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Sauté the ingredients until they are tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Fold the egg once the cheese melts.
- Remove saucepan from heat and serve.
2. Banana Peanut Butter Protein Shake
1 serving – Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder
1 cup – Low-fat or non-fat milk
1 tablespoon – Peanut butter
10 ice cubes or 1 cup of shaved ice
- Slice the bananas into small pieces for easier blending.
- Add the milk and protein powder.
- Add the ice cubes.
- Add the peanut butter last as it solidifies in cool temperature.
- Serve chilled with a dollop of yogurt on top (optional).
3. Breakfast Taco
2 wheat tortillas
1 tablespoon – tomato salsa
2 tablespoons – grated reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
1 small bunch – Cilantro
- Grill the wheat tortillas on a skillet for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until tops are toasted.
- Top the toasted tortillas with the cheese and salsa.
- Microwave until the cheese is sufficiently melted.
- Scramble the egg in a bowl.
- Heat a nonstick skillet and add the scrambled egg.
- Add the scrambled eggs to the open tortillas.
- Serve with a sprinkling of cilantro.